Under the Regulations an individual has the following rights with regard to those who are processing his/her data:
- Personal and special categories of personal data cannot be held without the individual’s consent (however, the consequences of not holding it can be explained and a service withheld).
- Data cannot be used for the purposes of direct marketing of any goods or services if the Data Subject has declined their consent to do so.
- Individuals have a right to have their data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances:
- Where data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected
- When an individual withdraws consent
- When an individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing
- Personal data was unlawfully processed
- An individual has a right to restrict processing – where processing is restricted, Platinum Plus Care Limited is permitted to store the personal data but not further process it. Platinum Plus Care Limited can retain just enough information about the individual to ensure that the restriction is respected in the future.
- An individual has a ‘right to be forgotten’.
Platinum Plus Care Limited will not undertake direct telephone marketing activities under any circumstances.
Data Subjects can ask, in writing to the Chief Executive, to see all personal data held on them, including e-mails and computer or paper files. The Data Processor (Platinum Plus Care Limited) must comply with such requests within 30 days of receipt of the written request.
Powers of the Information Commissioner
The following are criminal offences, which could give rise to a fine and/or prison sentence
- The unlawful obtaining of personal data.
- The unlawful selling of personal data.
- The unlawful disclosure of personal data to unauthorised persons.
Further information is available at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk
Details of the Information Commissioner
The Information Commissioner’s office is at:
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Switchboard: 01625 545 700
Data Protection Help Line: 01625 545 745
Notification Line: 01625 545 740